Planning for a funeral can be quite stressful. Often times those most directly impacted by the loss are left making significant and potentially expensive decisions. It times like this it is helpful to have quality resources available to assist. In this article we outline several of the best funeral planning books which can help shoulder unfamiliar parts of the funeral planning process.
Funeral Planning Books
“Funeral Planning Basics”
Thinking about planning a funeral? Want to save time and money? We all come to a stage in our lives when it’s natural to think about what will happen when we are no longer around. We wonder about loved ones and what we would like to leave to them as a parting gift. Well, one of the things we shouldn’t leave them is the burden of high funeral costs and the worry of deciding on funeral arrangements.
Fortunately, through proper funeral planning, you can ensure that your loved ones are not confronted with this unnecessary burden at a time which is already very traumatic.
In putting together a funeral plan you will need to consider matters such as:-
- whether you want to donate your body to science;
- whether you want to be buried or cremated;
- where you want your remains buried, scattered or kept;
- the type of ceremony that you will have and where it will be held;
- whether you wish to be embalmed;
- whether there will be a procession to the cemetery;
- how your family will travel to and from services;
- the funeral products you wish to buy such as caskets, burial vaults and urns; and
- lots more.
To help you plan your funeral (or someone else’s) Enodare has created a book entitled “Funeral Planning Basics” which will guide you through the entire process of planning a funeral!
Funeral Planning Basics will introduce you to issues such as organ donations, purchasing caskets, cremation, burial, purchasing grave plots, organization of funeral services and much more. You will also be introduced to other issues including the legalities surrounding burial, the cost of pre-arranging a funeral, how to save money on funerals, how to finance funerals and more.
Once you have gained an understanding of the various issues involved in planning a funeral, you will be able to use the accompanying funeral planning worksheet to create your own funeral plan.
With this easy-to-read book, you can quickly and easily plan a funeral…..and save plenty of money in the process!
“Funerals: Step by Step Planning. A Death has Occurred, What Now?”
What would happen if a family member, or you, died tomorrow?
- how to donate your body to science
- organ and tissue donation
- Funeral Consumer’s Alliance and memorial societies
- buying or renting the right casket – purchasing an urn
- preplanning a funeral, an increasing number of people are planning their own
- funerals and specifying their funeral choices at their own pace
- last minute bereavement flights and compassionate fares
- visitation, viewings and embalming the funeral: traditional, graveside, private, non-commemorative
- body disposition options: burial, direct burial, cremation, direct cremation
- memorial services or a celebration of life
- how to write an obituary and death notice a guide to preparing and delivering eulogies
- recommendations where flowers are, or are not appropriate
- suggestions for appropriate music selections and poems
- choosing a cemetery and buying a plot
- memorialization and creating a special tribute
- reception after the service
- personal details to complete before a death: wills, living wills
- preparing your family for financial guidance when a death is imminent
- survivors guidelines to settling affairs of the deceased and information on how to secure financial help and benefits
- websites and phone numbers to contact when further information is needed green burial
- Comparing funeral home costs
- Preplanning a funeral
- An obituary facilitator
- Financial data of the deceased for survivors
- Form to advise future generations on any health problems.
This book will start you off on your journey to assist your family in completing and concluding the final chapter of a loved one with dignity and grace.
“The Ultimate To Do List When Your Loved Ones Dies: Before and After the Funeral”
The shock of the death, in addition to the sheer number of details associated with funeral planning and taking care of your loved one’s wishes and estate, can be overwhelming even for the most organized person. The Ultimate To Do List When Your Loved One Dies: Before & After the Funeral will keep you organized, reduce your stress and burden, and help you to approach these necessary tasks and to do items with confidence.
This book will help you to be ready for death and to systematize what needs to be done prior to death. Through a concerted effort at pro-active funeral planning, you or someone responsible for taking care of your funeral will have the information needed to carry out final arrangements and wishes with ease and confidence when death happens.
Life planning conversations and taking an active role in your or a family member’s funeral arrangements can transform a painful and stressful occasion into one of great meaning and peace for all of those involved.
This book will help you to be prepared.
Each of the above is a fantastic resource to assist your funeral planning requirements. If you have another book or resource you’ve used, please let us know if the comment field below and we’ll be pleased to add it to the list.
See Helpful Eulogy Books to assist your eulogy writing needs.
See Books on Grief and Mourning to assist you through the grieving process.
See Funeral Planning